Anyone who has been in a store in the last few days is well aware that the holiday season is fast approaching, and Disney is definitely aware of the situation. In fact, the decorations are already up in many locations around Walt Disney World including the theme parks and the resorts.
Even Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party in the Magic Kingdom has already started on select nights. The party dates were released earlier this year with the first special event held a few nights ago on November 8, 2011. The second 2010 Very Merry Christmas Party will be held tonight with six more dates remaining in November and eleven planned for December.
The party offers those in attendance an excellent chance to get in the holiday spirit with all the typical holiday decorations adorning the park. Adding some more magic to the party, however, are events and activities reserved exclusively for party hours like:
- Enchanted Castle Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle that add a special holiday feel to the icon of the park
- A special Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade run just during the party which includes an appearance by Santa Claus himself
- An exclusive holiday fireworks extravaganza called Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season with special music and pyrotechnics
- Disney Characters providing live entertainment throughout the Magic Kingdom
- Multiple Disney Characters available for meet and greets
- Cookies and hot cocoa provided complimentary to all guests
- A snow fall effect on Main Street, U.S.A. giving the street a special feel
Aside from the events listed above, another great reason to attend the party is the fact that many of the Magic Kingdom attractions are up and running during the party hours. And since Disney typically sells far fewer party tickets than the number of guests in the park during an average day, the lines for these attractions are usually extremely short.
Party hours run from 7PM-12PM and require a special party ticket. The park closes down at 7PM for those guests who do not have a party ticket. Those who do, however, can usually enter the park as early as 4PM adding some value to their purchase.
Prices start at $53.95 for adults and $47.95 for children aged 3-9. Tickets may be purchased directly from Disney.
The remaining dates of the party are shown below:
- Friday, November 12, 2010
- Tuesday, November 16, 2010
- Thursday, November 18, 2010
- Friday, November 19, 2010
- Sunday, November 28, 2010
- Tuesday, November 30, 2010
- Thursday, December 2, 2010
- Friday, December 3, 2010
- Sunday, December 5, 2010
- Tuesday, December 7, 2010
- Thursday, December 9, 2010
- Friday, December 10, 2010
- Sunday, December 12, 2010
- Tuesday, December 14, 2010
- Thursday, December 16, 2010
- Friday, December 17, 2010
- Sunday, December 19, 2010
Thanks to alorindanya who provided the video shown above.