Providing an almost ever-changing experience, Innoventions of Epcot in Walt Disney World is an under-utilized retreat from the hustle and bustle of the typical Disney crowds.
Housed in Future World, but separated into East and West sections, Innoventions offers several different exhibits to pass the time as well as educate and amuse oneself. The main theme behind all of the presentations is technology and how it is or will be used in everyday life.
As you can imagine, the exhibits change often to keep up with technology and sponsors, but some of the more recent experiences include:
- The Great Piggy Bank Adventure – sponsored by T. Rowe Price
- Segway Central
- Don’t Waste It! – sponsored by Waste Management, Inc.
- Club Cool (formerly Ice Station Cool) – sponsored by Coca-Cola
- Test the Limits Lab – sponsored by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- Smarter Planet – sponsored by IBM
- SlapStick Studios – sponsored by the Velcro Companies
- The Sum of All Thrills – sponsored by Raytheon
Innoventions first opened in 1994 and has seen several incarnations, aside from the changing individual exhibit attractions and sponsors. One of these was a 1999 modification which added the theme “Road to Tomorrow”. That subtitle was removed in the recent 2007-2008 refurbishment which is still in use today.
Did you like this video and article? Then take a few minutes to see more Disney video tours!
Thanks to bwayguy17 who provided the short intro video of Innoventions provided above.