While many across the country are gripped in cold and snowy conditions associated with winter, leave it to Cast Members at Walt Disney World to be planning ahead for spring! They are doing just that and have released specific program details for the upcoming 2012 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.
According to Disney, the annual spring event is scheduled for March 7 to May 20, 2012. Among the many intriguing plant designs found throughout the park including life-life topiaries, Disney World also plans several “how-tos” with Disney and HGTV experts as well as the traditional concert series related to the International Flower and Garden Festival.
The schedule for presentations and demonstrations as released by Disney includes:
- March 9-11 – John Gidding, HGTV’s Curb Appeal: The Block
- March 16-18 – Sabrina Soto, HGTV’s The High/Low Project
- March 23-25 – Jason Cameron, DIY Network’s Desperate Landscapes and Man Caves
- March 30-April1 – Camille Styles, HGTV.com Entertainment contributor
- April 6-8 – Dan Faires, HGTV.com’s DanMade, Fan Favorite HGTV Design Star Season 5
- April 13-15 – Brandon Johnson, host of HGTV’s My Yard Goes Disney
- April 20-22 – Meg Caswell, HGTV’s Meg’s Great Rooms
- April 27-29 – Monica Pedersen, HGTV Dream Home Tour 2012 and Designed to Sell
- May 4-6 – Antonio Ballatore, HGTV’s The Antonio Treatment
- May 11-13 – To be announced
- May 18-20 – Genevieve Gorder, HGTV’s Dear Genevieve and HGTV Design Star
In addition, the musical entertainment line-up for the evening concerts held at the American Gardens Theatre has also been announced:
- March 9-11 – Jose Feliciano
- March 16-18 – Starship Starring Mickey Thomas
- March 23-25 – The Guess Who
- March 30-April 1 – The Spinners
- April 6-8 – Chubby Checker & The Wildcats
- April 13-15 – Paul Revere & The Raiders
- April 20-22 – The Turtles Featuring Flo & Eddie
- April 27-29 – Chuck Negron, Formerly of Three Dog Night
- May 4-6 – The Orchestra Starring Former Members of ELO
- May 11-13 – Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone
- May 18-20 – Davy Jones
Of course, this is Disney, so the kids are not left out of the fun. Disney adds that:
‘The festival will include special activities for kids like Bambi’s Butterfly House, presented by HGTV; the Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden; Sounds of Nature, presented by Nature Conservancy; and unique play structures offer fun for the little ones—the Evos™ play systems for ages six and older and the Weevos™ play systems for ages two through five.”
As with any event of this type, dates and events are subject to change. However, if you are planning a trip to the world in the March through May window, you are sure to find something at the event that will interest you!
Thanks to BriansDisneyGal for the YouTube video shown above.