Just because the Halloween season is over does not mean that special festivities are not available at the Disney Parks. With November comes a changing of decorations to a Christmas theme and activities related to the new season.
This is true of both the Disneyland Resort in California and the Walt Disney World Resort of Florida. All Things Mouse has some more information on what can be expected at each location.
Disneyland Christmas Events
At the Disneyland Resort, expect a lot of holiday themed decorations to appear in early November and remain through the first few days of January 2014. Along with those decorations, consider these holiday events:
- World of Color – Winter Dreams – held in the California Adventure theme park – a seasonal make-over of the extremely popular World of Color show.
- Disney ¡Viva Navidad! – also in California Adventure – a live music street party
- Believe… In Holiday Magic Fireworks show – in Disneyland – a truly magical seasonal fireworks spectacular
- “it’s a small world” Holiday – in Disneyland – the classic attraction takes on a seasonal flair
Disney World Christmas Events
The Walt Disney World Resort also takes on a new life during the Christmas season. These are just some of the holiday events to consider:
- Festival of the Seasons – Downtown Disney – decorations, live entertainment and shopping with a holiday twist
- Holidays Around the World at Epcot – including the magical Candlelight Processional and a special holiday presentation of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – a hard ticket event at the Magic Kingdom which include Castle Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle, Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade and Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
These are just a few of the major Christmas season options at the Disney Parks. For more information, contact Disney or your travel agent.
If you are planning a trip, you may want to check out the Disney Park Hours page here on All Things Mouse!
Thanks to MrDizneyKing who created the YouTube® video shown above.