It should excite many people to know that the 2013 Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival is about to start at the Epcot theme park of the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Festival activities will commence on Wednesday, March 6. 2013 and are scheduled to run through May 19, 2013.
For those that do not know what the festival is all about, Disney offers this quick description:
“Epcot springs to life at the International Flower & Garden Festival, presented by HGTV. This year, you can taste the season at Garden Marketplaces throughout World Showcase, and enjoy the enchanting glow of topiaries and gardens as they light up the evening!”
As described by Disney, the festival is not just plants and topiaries (although many would attend just for those!) The event also now includes food through the Garden Marketplaces and entertainment.
The Garden Marketplaces (along with a description by Disney) scheduled to be included are:
- The Smokehouse – Barbeque and Brews: Get into some finger-lickin’ barbecue—pulled pork and smoked brisket—and ice-cold craft beers at The American Adventure.
- Lotus House: Delicacies with Far Eastern flair await you at China: a savory spring pancake, taro-bacon puff pastry, bubble tea and more.
- L’Orangerie: France presents a rustic ratatouille tart, country pâté with cherry compote and, of course, a selection of French wines.
- Bauernmarkt – Farmer’s Market: Visit Germany, for spring pea and mushroom bread pudding, potato pancakes and a variety of beers.
- Primavera Kitchen: Italy will be serving lobster with asparagus, spring vegetable lasagna, panna cotta, fruity cocktails and Italian wines.
- Hanami: Named after the nation’s custom of viewing spring flowers, this location in Japan will feature “frushi,” or fruit sushi, grilled seafood sticks and sake.
- Jardin de Fiestas: Join the party in Mexico with crab tostadas, pork tacos, the strawberry-infused Rosita margarita and tequila flights.
- Taste of Marrakesh: Enjoy Morocco’s lamb kebabs and couscous, harissa chicken drumettes with chermoula, desert rose cocktail and more.
- The Cottage – Savories, Trifles and Tea: Stop by the United Kingdom for tea and delectable dainties, including a salmon tartare-topped cheddar biscuit, an ultra-gourmet Caprese and a trio of trifles.
The HGTV Designer’s stage will offer presentations by some of the HGTV network personalities including Carter Oosterhouse of HGTV’s Million Dollar Rooms and Brandon Johnson of HGTV’s My Yard Goes Disney.
Admission to the most of the events of the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is free with valid park admission.
Thanks to PopSong1 who provided the video shown above!