The 2012 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is scheduled to run from September 28, 2012 to November 12, 2012. For those that do not know about the festival, it is a chance to sample food and spirits from around the world.
This may not be particularly surprising to most as that opportunity is available every day at Epcot in the eleven country pavilions of World Showcase. Operated year-round in these pavilions are restaurants that offer food and drink from their country.
However, the Food and Wine Festival is so much more….
In addition to the standard country pavilions, multiple kiosks are setup around the World Showcase offering tasty treats and drinks from additional international locations. And, in true Disney fashion, additional experiences are available over and above any consumables you may be treated to.
Examples of this include celebrity chefs who will be featured during the run of the festival. Disney guests may even attend special work-shops or tasting events aimed at expanding the guests appreciation of food and wine.
Also available are stars from HGTV. They offer tips and advice on a plethora of topics ranging from party planning to home and yard designs conducive to gatherings.
Disney has released a list of HGTV stars scheduled to make appearances at the 2012 Epcot Food & Wine Festival. Those stars (and the dates they are scheduled to attend) include:
- September 28-30 – “Design Star” Season 7 Winner (To be announced July 25)
- October 5-7 – Casey Noble – “Design on a Dime”
- October 12-14 – Alison Victoria – DIY Network’s “Kitchen Crashers”
- October 19-21 – Brian Patrick Flynn – HGTV.com, “Design Happens” contributor
- October 26-28 – Meg Caswell – “Meg’s Great Rooms”
- November 2-4 – Marianne Canada – HGTV.com, “Design Happens” contributor
- November 9-12 – Emily Henderson – “Secrets From a Stylist”
The above list is taken from the Disney Parks Blog which also offers additional information on the event.